INDIA ANALYST OPPORTUNITY AT THE ASIA GROUP
The Asia Group, LLC (TAG) is accepting applications for an India-focused analyst at our Washington, DC office. TAG is an international strategic and capital advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations and organizations with business interests in the Asia-Pacific region. TAG clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy/extractives, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working toward an MBA or Master’s degree in international relations, international economics or a related field. Analysts work closely with partner-led client teams and play key roles in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and client engagement. The ideal candidate commands a strong understanding of macroeconomics, political dynamics, and business climates in India.
- Conduct industry, political, and economic research and analysis
- Draft memos, reports, and briefing materials for clients
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities
- Assist in website and social media content management
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong grasp of business strategy fundamentals applicable to the Indian market
- Analytical expertise in Indian politics and economics
- Strong attention to detail and excel under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and other statistical languages a plus
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Demonstrated industry knowledge in defense, energy, transportation, or hospitality
For the fall, analysts are expected to commit 40 hours a week from September to December. The position is paid and includes health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, a two-page analytical writing sample, and most recent academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2017.